Category Archives: Local Clubs and Associations

Macmillan Coffee Morning – Saturday 1st October 10am to Noon Eastcote Methodist Church

Lynne Kauffman, Editor of the SRRA Newsletter has mentioned that her church at Eastcote Methodist Church are organising a coffee morning on Saturday 1st October ten till twelve, for Macmillan.  The church is one of the lovely buildings in Pamela Gardens.

From Lynne….

” Please join us again this year on 1st October 2016 for our amazing Macmillan morning

From: :10-12 noon

At: Eastcote Methodist Church, Pamela Gardens Eastcote HA5 2QU

Delicious Coffee , tea or soft drinks, Sensational cakes and cookies.  Lots of gifts to buy, games to play.  Plus ‘Kiddies’ corner

Amazing company – especially if you join us!!”

If you are there for a coffee and a cake, it might be a good chance afterwards to take a quick walk round Eastcote House Gardens which is very close and might help to burn off a few cake based calories.  Only lived in South Ruislip for seventeen years and not got round there myself yet!

Eastcote Methodist Church Macmillan Morning 1st October
Last years organising committee

Anyone who has had support from Macmillan will know their fantastic work.

MINUTES OF THE SOUTH RUISLIP RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION QUARTERLY MEETING HELD AT ST MARY’S CHURCH – WEDNESDAY APRIL 27TH 2016

Minutes of the South Ruislip Residents Association

Quarterly Meeting Held at St Mary’s Church On Wednesday April 27th 2016

In attendance were 65 residents and 11 committee members.  Councillors present Judy Kelly and Eddie Lavery.

Apologies were received from: Jenny Hunt and Cllr Kaufmann, PC Jack Duerden.

April 2016 SRRA Quarterly Meeting
April 2016 SRRA Quarterly Meeting

1.0   Minutes signed off and Vice Chair Sid Jackson opened the meeting.

2.0   Police.

Manor and Cavendish

Acting Sergeant Tristan Brown has recently taken on this role. His dedicated ward officers are Sarah Fordham (Manor) and Ajay Shah (Cavendish).

His 2 dedicated PCSOs are Gurbinder Sandhu and John Dickens (John is currently on a small squad delivering MetTrace kits across the Borough)

The following officers are also part of the team: Aidan Young and Nathan Francis

South Ruislip

Sergeant Karl Spour is the new sergeant. His dedicated ward officer is now James Burgess

His dedicated PCSOs are Kara Remick and Anne Marie Chapman-Bennett

The following officers are part of the his team: Allan Webster, Jack Duerden, Maz Solanki and Charlie Mitchell (joins in June)

Rabournmead Drive

Skeletal remains were found.  The police believe they have identified the person.  The person had been missing since last year.   The polices working hypothesis is that the person, sadly,  died sleeping rough.

3.0   Brian Varley from Bellway Homes

Bellway Homes are the construction company building the residential homes at the ARLA site.  Construction will be fully complete in two years time.  Sales of the first phase opened at the weekend.  They are sold out on the first release.  They are working on the site with other construction companies Simmons and Stace, who deal with the commercial side of the development.

Questions/Comment from the floor:

Site access for pedestrians.  Bellway are creating a pedestrian walkway through from Station Approach which will be at the side of the Middlesex Arms.

Traffic will be separate from the shopping side of the development giving residents their own access to the site.

Drawing showed trees on the plans, but these have all been removed.  Established trees removed in the construction phase but other trees and landscaping will be planted at the perimeter. This will be completed towards the end of the development.

Question about affordable / housing association properties and quantity and proportion of these.  163 plots in total and there are 18 shared ownership homes which will be affordable and 18 rented units to let via a housing association.  No HA yet appointed to manage these.

What of car parking at the site? Parking is one space for one flat/property.  Generally thought to be low, but meets regulations etc.

Are these properties all sold to overseas buyers?  Not really, many local buyers, property advertised locally and many sold to local people.

4.0 Report from the Chairman

ARLA Site

Sid visited the ARLA site.  Impressive.  On target for completion by end of year.  Likely to be open around Easter next year.  The Focus site entrance opposite West Mead (now Aldi / B&M) will close and entrance will be part of the overall scheme.

Lidl

First phase plans approved for the development at Victoria Road, but the larger development is still waiting points to be cleared and planning application then will go to planning committee meeting.

HS2

Seeing movement in MP’s positions from opposition to mitigate the disruption that construction will cause.  See this as a sign that work will go ahead.

5.0   Treasurer’s Report

Current account balance £1,229.88.  Reserve £12,361.33.

No questions for Colin.

6.0 Chief Road Stewards Report

Hunting for Road Stewards for The Fairway, Diamond Road, Royal Crescent.  Wingfield Way.

Simple task to visit the houses and deliver.  Collecting the money is also simple, can be completed in a way that suits you.

7.0   Secretary Report

Nothing to report

8.0 Officers Election

The following officers were returned as standing for the following year.

Name Position
Vice Chair Sid Jackson
Treasurer Colin Hook
Chief Road Steward Geoff Taylor
Secretary Jeremy Wasden

9.0   Cllr Judy Kelly & report from Cllr Alan Kauffman who submitted in Writing

SKLP

Cllr Judy Kelly petition raised from local residents on Harvey Road re the disruptive behaviour from the site.  SKLP were better neighbours in 2014, but were more disruptive later last year with a poorer response from council officers and the police to the issues raised by residents.

Keen to improve the situation again for residents.

Youth Club at South Ruislip

Conversations with councillors have been ongoing. Set up meetings about way forward.  Report update when know more.

Block of Flats opposite South Ruislip Station on Great Central Avenue

Much work especially by Cllr Kauffman.  Flats will house people in need of temporary housing.  They can house up to four people.  Owned by Hillingdon but leased to a housing association.  An open day is being arranged by the provider to view the flats for local residents.  Date tba.

Yellow Lines on Field End Road

Now painted.

Corsa’s illegally parked in Brackenhill

Cat and mouse with council officers.  Now not advertised.  Looking at parking meters.

Bridge at South Ruislip

Looking to improve Station Approach.  Written to mayor, designers worked site.  Bridge is very dark.  When it floods can’t get through.  Walls seep moisture.  Perhaps put cladding on, raise pavement by two foot and raise light levels.  Circa £353k cost to improve.

10.0 RAF Northolt

Station Commander here next meeting.

The runway is going to be resurfaced next year.  New base to the tarmac needed, very invasive work.  Therefore the runway is going to close next year for around 9 months.

Display. Question from floor about whether flying displays will be affected following crash at Shoreham. Sid felt not as displays not aerobatic.

Flybe.  Wrote wanting to fly from Northolt.  Sid said feeling was it won’t happen.  Can’t operate scheduled flights as military has priority.  Once start to have a schedule the military would lose control.  There are also restrictions on aircraft passenger numbers due to ambulance cover, fire covers etc.  Not in foreseeable future.

Part 2 SRRA Meeting. 

Tea Break SRRA Quart Meeting April 2016
Tea Break SRRA Quart Meeting April 2016

Secretary Jeremy left, and Lynne Kauffman kindly completed the minutes for the evening.

Item Discussion/requests Action
11 VC Jackson carried out a vote to verify the proposed and seconded officers of the executive.

There was an overwhelming positive vote for all all committee members carried forward.

Open invitation to any member who wishes to attend the executive meetings 9thJune, 14July.

12 Update requested on the ground between the library and the youth centre on Victoria Road. Cllr Lavery stated that it was council owned land. Cllr Kelly reported on the site history for the development of the site. Cllr Kauffman and Cllr Kelly to investigate.
Members question Question on the fly tipping opposite the dentists on Northolt Avenue. To be resolved through an Members Enquiry.
Members question Use and development of the site on Station approach that was previously a nursery. Cllr Kelly though it was to be used for a day centre. Lunch club was mentioned but there is already a lunch club held at St Mary’s church hall 3 x per week run by Good Neighbours the club includes transport and outings. Publicise the lunch club in the newsletter to attract new members.
AOB from the committee.
  • GT(Chief Road Steward) raised the issue of identification for road stewards- use of photographs was suggested by a member. GT requested support still required for deliveries.
  • LC community report – Jim O’Neill walk almost impassable because of lack of drainage- suggested use of the Chrysalis fund to improve drainage.
  • CH no points to raise.
  • Non committee member(editor of newsletter) LK promoted the open meeting on EU for all South Ruislip residents 29th April 7:30 at the Ramada Hotel.
Still required

Diamond Road

Royal Crescent

The Fairway

West End Road

Wingfield Way

 

 

To be reported by Cllr Kelly

AOB from the floor
  • Question raised ‘Are we likely to see more of Boris once the election is over.
  • Northolt Avenue fly tipping repeated
VC to invite Boris Johnson to a meeting. Cllrs mentioned BJ’s surgery on Friday evening.
VC thanked members for attending meeting closed at 9:28pm.

Date of the next meeting 27th July.

 

Bessingby Bowls Club are looking for new members – Why not try this great pastime?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

From Bessingby Bowls Club:

Bessingby is a bowls club founded in 1991 and which has a proud tradition of being a welcoming and friendly club for men and women of all ages. Having occupied a dilapidated hut we we have just taken possession of a brand new pavilion from the Council who, along with supplying the premises, has constructed a patio area and landscaped the grounds. We share this with Deane Park Bowls Club.

The pavilion was handed over to the members on the 26th February at 10.30am. The Council Leader, cabinet members, the Mayoress and other council officers attended the opening ceremony at which a plaque was unveiled and members of each club chatted with them over some food and a nice cup of tea!

We are looking forward to starting the bowls season at the end of April and would like you to join us. We have an Open Day on 9th May starting at 10 am. Roll up days are Tuesday and Thursday afternoons at 2pm and Wednesday evenings at 7pm. So even if you work you can enjoy the game of bowls and even play in the matches!

In addition we will be running social functions during the year.

Interested? E-mail the Chairman at ianandanne@blueyonder.co.uk Or ring 0208 582 1801

 ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????