Category Archives: Quarterly Meetings

Minutes of the South Ruislip Residents Association : Quarterly Meeting Held at St Marys Church Hall, South Ruislip Wednesday 24th July 2019 Annual General Meeting 

Minutes of the South Ruislip Residents Association

Quarterly Meeting Held at St Marys Church Hall, South Ruislip Wednesday 24th July 2019 Annual General Meeting 

Present: 10 committee members, 5 local Cllrs (Barnes, Lavery, Makwana, Tuckwell and Kauffman) and 40 residents

Apologies: Hazel Hook, Geoff Quantock

1) Meeting opened at 20:02

Minutes of the last meeting – no issues raised.

2) Cllr Burrows LB Hillingdon Cabinet Member with Responsibility for Traffic, Planning and Recycling Etc

Petition heard for Victoria Road. Trees and grass verges won’t be removed. Not council policy to do that. There are other ideas such as residents scheme and petitions regarding speeding.  However, roads did not have a major issue what was referred to as the 85th percentile. Only 15% of drivers speed so not enough grounds to put in traffic calming measures. Will keep them under review.

With consultations, once ward officers have reviewed the results they can make further suggestions. People have to respond to be considered in their opinion. Concern re bikes on Victoria Road. Where repetitive speeding data passed to policing and then action can be taken.

Concern re Victoria Road timing of test as during half term. Cllr Burrows said the survey will be checked to ensure it was fair.

Concern re junction West Mead. U-Turns but the camera can be used.

Victoria Road crossing.  Rachel F concern reincreased use and cars not taking enough notice. Cllr Burrows said that an audit would have taken place on the local junctions. To be upgraded would need TFL to do that. Tree Planting – work to be done September and October. Miss use of the site at Wickes and Homebase due to car meet ups – Anti-Social Behaviour Team can be notified. Cllr Kauffman and SNT have spoken to the landlords.

Suggestion of extending the right turn into ASDA from Victoria Road.

3) Glebe Farm – Proposal

From agents for the site:

All activity should be lawful at the site if not report to council. Note the site is tidier now and an appetite from Trustees to take action on the site.

It is in Green Belt but previously developed. Looking at replacing the site with the commercial or residential scheme. Owners favour the residential scheme. Concern – perhaps more commercial bias however from council officers. Looking at 30 house development on site. Locally listed building in Glebe Farm but is not structurally viable. Question of parking. Density of the space is low so low number of dwellings on the site, parking spaces will be well inside regulatory requirement.

Show of hands – in favour of residential over commercial use.

4) Tea Brea

5) RAF Northolt

Russ Keen, standing in for PR Officer – new Nick Worrall new Station commander, took over in July this year. Lagan sent apologies. Now working on arrester beds. Will need to block cycle route for a limited time along south of A40. More trucks, but have used material from the site. Peak activity is now and from end of August and then will reduce traffic. Mid October will increase the air traffic.

Nothing found on the runway from the remains of crashed plane.

6) Treasurers Report

Current Account £1,105.80 and Deposit £13,391.87. Summer Flower planters contribution for this, but contribution from Ward Councillors Budget and Lagan and SRRA (Mostly Lagan initially)

7) SKLP

Letter from them to build better relations. For an amicable meeting.

However Police shut down an event an hour earlier due to noise. We will request an ASBO to be issued to them to enforce better behaviour.

8) The HUBB

Church Hall event on the 13th of July – it was a well attended and pleasant event and an afternoon well spent. Weds 10th.

9) LIDL Site

Contacts let for works to complete the final stage of the works, culvert strengthening. 7 trees to be planted. Change in the entrance to the site, to be near Kwikfit

10) AOB

Zebra crossing – at LIDL site going to be resurfaced, Sid angling for bright paving to make it more visible. The service area will go.

11) Ward Councillors

Cllr Tuckwell. Smells from sewage near Raybourne Mead and the site has been inspected. If it continues report to Ward Councillors Around a dozen street signs upgraded. Half a dozen litter pickers from Queensmead School. Will do some more after the Summer Holiday. Pavement upgrade scheme still running? Yes but they are being prioritised on a rolling program.

Cllr Kaufmann. Bonnells have improved their driveway. 4th June Boxing club opened. 14th August Field End rec – open event. Allotments Raised beds near library. The bridge at South Ruislip. Work ongoing. 2 spans worked on. ARLA development. Anti-social behaviour. Going to gate scheme from Chrysalis fund. Rydall Way – hot spot for fly tipping.

Meeting Closed 21:57

Minutes of the Quarterly Meeting 23rd January 2019

Lively meeting on Wednesday with updates from our local Police, a comprehensive presentation from HS2 representatives and Sqn Ldr Tenniswood from RAF Northolt.

 South Ruislip Residents’ Association (established in 1939)

Quarterly Meeting Held at St Mary’s Church On Wednesday 23rd January 2019.

AGENDA

  1. Opening Remarks.
  2. Apologies for Absence.
  3. Minutes of Meeting.
  4. Matters Arising.
  5. Reports: Chairman, Treasurer, CRS, Secretary.
  6. Reports from Ward Councillors.
  7. Any other Business

NEXT QUARTERLY MEETING ON 23rdh January 2019 AT ST MARY’S CHURCH HALL THE FAIRWAY 8 PM

  1. Opening Remarks

Vice Chairman Sid Jackson chaired and opened the meeting at 8pm. Sid welcomed everyone to the meeting.

In attendance were 54 residents and 10 committee members. Councillors present Cllrs Teji Barnes, Allan Kauffman & Cllr Steve Tuckwell & Eddie Lavery

Sid introduced the new constitution which was printed off and distributed with 50 copies for voting at the AGM.

  1. Apologies for absence

Apologies were received from Lynne Kauffman

  1. Minutes

No comments on the minutes

Sid distributed copies of the updated constitution for members to read which includes a section on diversity and inclusion.

4.0 Police.

PC & PCSO Anne-Marie talked through the crime figures as attached.  226 crimes. Anne-Marie highlighted break-in of motor vehicles being high and preventable.  Burglary higher at the moment – with thieves attracted by new goods from Christmas.  Be secure – put on a radio in the day as well as timer lights.

Discussed the benefits of Smart Water in use of crime prevention.

Anne-Marie asked about OWL and was encouraging people to use the system as a strong form of Neighbourhood Watch.  https://www.owl.co.uk/met/

5.0 Treasurers Report

Current account £451.90 and deposit £13,378.75.  Income and expenditure will be published for 2018 at the AGM next meeting.

6.0 Chief Road Steward

Please with the number of RS’s and only one more RS sought.

7.0 HS2

Slide deck for South Ruislip RA meeting Jan 19

Presentation from Grant Blowers, engagement Graham Dean Power Supplies.

The engagement team are to engage with local councillors, residents associations, residents etc. They are getting more staff to deal with issues. They will hold drop-in clinics every week in the area (although not in S Ruislip).  Recommended residents to sign up to www.hs2inhillingdon.commonplace.is  There is also a help desk 08081 434 434.

Power for the TBM

Stan on the Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM). The main issue is the electricity requirement which will come from a substation at North Harrow. Stan provided an update on the Power Supply route which needs to be dug to supply the electric.  Needs a heavy power supply 33kv and 20MVA (1MVA powers 250 domestic properties).  The cable will power the lighting and ventilation post build.

The route will go along residential streets as will minimise disruption vs main roads which they were considering.

They will dig a trench approx. 1.5m x 1.6m holding the cables. Roadworks in affected roads will last from 2 to 4 weeks.

Roads in Hillingdon affected are:

Rushdene Road, Deane Croft Road, Meadow Way, Hawthorne Avenue, Lime Grove, Myrtle Avenue, The Uplands, Westholme Gardens, Manor Way, Midcroft and Ickenham Road.

Work to start Q3 2019 and will last around a year on the cable route.

The drilling of the tunnels will start on West Ruislip and head to Old Oak Common.

SCS Works in South Ruislip

Matthew.  Putting a team in place at the moment and turn HS2 scheme into a more detail focused piece of work and they will seek planning permission from the borough councils for the required permits and work. Talked through next stages such as earthworks (2020-2023), civil engineering projects (2019 to 2025) and the railway installation 2024 to 2026.

TBM set to launch around 2021 from West Ruislip.

Discussed the work and impact.  There is an impact agreement to minimise disruption to traffic though they will close lanes etc. Discussed the vent shaft at South Ruislip.

Questions from the floor

Any air quality monitoring on the roads due to the lorry movements?  Not from HS2 representatives.  This is done by the local authority (Hillingdon).  They will be using Euro 6 lorries to minimise environmental impact (this is a most recent vehicle requirement). Pressure from the meeting on the councils to monitor.

Noise from the vent shaft?  Designed not to do that with fans to cool the tunnel and mitigate the noise.

What is the vent shaft diameter?  They would confirm later.

Cllr Kauffman raised concern re the lorry movement along busy roads and the damage caused.

Further questions discussed.

We will invite people from HS2 again to speak later in the year.  The update was appreciated.

8.0 RAF Northolt

Sq Ldr James Tenniswood.

Runway resurfacing.

It needs resurfacing, last done in 1977.  Needs to be repaired to continue as a military airport.  The runway will close between April and October.  It will be dug out completely and will be drained properly and improve the arrester beds.  Work delayed as the previous contractor was Carrillian who went into receivership.

The runway will remain the same size but at pains to point out it might look slightly longer due to the increased size of the arrester bed.

How will the closure affect the air traffic at the site? They will operate operation Bolthole.  Flights Rotary will come in. Fixed wing will move to RAF Benson who will be flown to there via helicopter.  Commercial flights will move elsewhere but will resume post build.

Heathrow consultation.

Dept of Transport mandated requirement to get improved use from the air space.  Use old technology at the moment and will use GPS to make faster routes.  RAF Northolt will be doing the same exercise later in the year.

RAF Northolt won’t be affected by Heathrow’s proposed plan.

Drones. 

Phone in sightings. Follow the drone code.

9.0 Pedestrian Crossing

Sid wrote to the council.  There is a lack of people stopping and a couple of complaints locally.  Anything we can do to improve matters.  Got an email back from the Traffic Team with a photo on a clear day and no buses present and how to use the zebra crossing is used.  Sid was disappointed.

The culvert at Lidl site on Victoria Road is being improved.

Keen to make the crossings more visible.

Concern raised re the length of time waiting for crossings to change when initially pressed.

10.0 Victoria Road

A number of consultations have taken place and have put in another from Victoria Road to the Black Bull to keep the traffic moving.  Purely traffic management only.

Meeting Closed at 9:55pm.

MINUTES OF THE QUARTERLY MEETING HELD AT ST MARY’S CHURCH HALL 24TH JANUARY 2018

 

Public Quarterly Meeting Held at St Mary’s Church Hall, The Fairway, On Wednesday 24th January 2018 8pm.

AGENDA

  1. Opening Remarks.
  2. Apologies for Absence.
  3. Minutes of Meeting.
  4. Matters Arising.
  5. Reports: Chairman, Treasurer, CRS, Secretary.
  6. Reports from Ward Councillors.
  7. Any other Business

NEXT QUARTERLY MEETING ON 24th April 2018 AT ST MARY’s CHURCH HALL THE FAIRWAY 8 PM

  1. Opening Remarks

Vice Chairman Sid Jackson chaired and opened the meeting at 8pm in the Vice Chair’s absence. Sid welcomed everyone to the meeting.

In attendance were 60 residents and 8 committee members. Councillors present Cllrs Barnes, Kauffman and Lavery.

Sid said he had received a letter from St Mary’s stating someone ‘representing the SRRA’ had been at a St Mary’s supported meeting and had made prejudiced offensive remarks.  Sid stated categorically that the SRRA was welcoming to all and any remarks contrary to this could not be and would not be tolerated.  Any such comments are the responsibility of the individual and do not reflect the views of the SRRA committee, officers or members.

  1. Apologies for absence

Apologies were received from: Kate Fennel, Colin & Hazel Hook, Frances Jones, Geoff Quantock, Jagjit Sohal, Cllr Kelly and Duducu, Margaret and Alec Wallis.

  1. Minutes

No comments on the minutes

  1. Police

PC Solanki spoke at the meeting and initially listed crimes in the area, in the last three months.

Assault with injury 8, common assault 1, shoplifting 33, theft of motor 13 damage to others 9 and other crimes 21.

He warned home owners to keep UPVC doors double locked without keys in them.  Keep vigilant for burglary and take sensible precautions.

Pc Solanki discussed the tri-borough initiative.  This involves the Hillingdon Borough merging with Hounslow & Ealing.  Ward officers may be shifted depending on operational requirements.

In response to a question PC Solanki confirmed shop lifting is not being investigated on the ward where below a minimal value.  Such cases are passed to a high volume department.  The reason for this is the low return on the time spent for the police.

Discussed people turning right into West Mead up Victoria Road toward Ruislip.  A concern.  A review is planned of the signs and the rest of the junction.

Drop in surgery information to be confirmed, but will take place regularly at the South Ruislip Library and have a Cuppa with a Copper at The Rumbling Tum.

Secondly Ward Panel is made up of members of the community and in addition the police are setting up a virtual ward panel to reach a wider section of the community.  They are seeking the names and addresses etc of people willing to join.  Three or four time a year e-volunteers will be sent an email questionnaire on policing priorities locally.  To join write to SouthRuislip.snt@met.police.uk email address.  They will also to add you to the newsletter distribution.

Doing weapon sweeps in parks locally.  Happy for the SRRA to join.

  1. Lidl Henry Neal

Henry Neal thanked residents for their patience and support.  The store opens tomorrow 8am.  Employed 45 people, clear majority locally.  Re Landscaping – they are still planning on planting trees and hedgerows.  Not done yet, utilities in the area need to be moved and then the landscaping will be completed.

Still some highway works to come about.  Highway entrance off Victoria Road.  All need to work on that together (council, utilities and Lidl) and placement of the island on Stonefield Road.

Apologies for disturbance of the lights locally.  These had been left on by contractors and they will go off when the shop is shut at night.

A contractor blocked the entrance causing traffic problems. Apologies.

The store is designed with energy efficiency in mind.  Opens from 8am to 10pm.  Concern expressed re exiting the road onto Victoria Road.

  1. Chief Road Steward

After Road Stewards to deliver newsletters and collect subs for Palace Road and Diamond Road.  Hardy Avenue (28 properties) and Glebe and Weldon Av.

  1. Treasurers Report

£1064.41 and in the deposit account  £12,367.46.

  1. Cllr Teji Barnes – Cavendish Ward

Field End School.  Part of the ward budget to be spent on the clock at the school being redeveloped.  Going to restore it back to original feature. School pleased.  Redevelop their library, to make reading attractive to pupils.  The school applied for Chrysalis fund money and they were offered this.

Whitby Road has a mobile CCTV camera. Looking to prosecute fly tippers.

Resurfacing work.  Hunters Hill, Oxford Drive, St Andrews, Essex Close, Queens Walk and Mount Pleasant.

  1. HS2

Don’t condone protests at Harefield as concern to safety.

Breakspear Road South will do enabling work.  Will be one way traffic. Feb and March 2018.

Work in South Ruislip likely 2019.

Are Carillion the constructors?  Yes, but there are many sub-contractors who simply be gone directly to.

  1. Traffic Congestion on Victoria Road

Council aware there is a problem.  But the fix is not simple.  Only two options.  One is to make the road wider or a resident only parking scheme. David Seaman wanted a copy of the letter we wrote to the Council. Sid was happy to provide this and the reply. Frustration expressed by participants with the delay.   Was expecting a briefing from Cllr Burrows who was expected to attend (but unfortunately he couldn’t attend the meeting for personal reasons).

  1. Cllr Allan Kauffman – South Ruislip Ward – Improvements to South Ruislip

Where works done, the area looks far better with the new pavements and the road improvements.  We have seen Improvements with the Christmas lights this last festive period.

Where pavements have been changed, have seen trucks driving on and vans on pavements. Mostly with Windmill Plumbing.  Cllr Kauffman expressed disappointments that facilities like cigarette towers are not being used adding to litter. Bollards, bins, and trees are going to be added which will reduce on pavement parking.

Looking at making improvements at the Bridge at South Ruislip.  This will take time though as work involves three railway companies.  Work planned includes cladding and more art being used.

  1. Teabreak
  2. Presentation from SKLP

Proposals from SKLP.  Martin Evans Architect. Tina Patel. Kanji Harrari and Ian Roberts transport and highway consultant for the SKLP project.

Tina Patel gave an overview of the site and its place in the SKLP and the wider community as well as SKLP’s aspirations for the site.

Their history was based on a commonwealth community who moved from India to W African and then to UK.  Settled in UK and set up a community centre.  Mostly made up of people 24 villages in India.   The site is currently used by community for sports.  The SKLP team want to open to wider community.  The aim since 1972 has been to unite people and they are a registered charity.  Work includes support for the elderly and a nursery, including language and community lessons.  Sports clubs with local success.  They are keen for local residents to participate.

They are looking to consult on planning for a proposed redevelopment of the site demolishing the existing building and replacing with a modern purpose built air conditioned unit, which will house more people and reduce noise for local neighbours.

Change in the balance in sports and community. The brief for the development is sports based. With back up facility that a sports facility will use. It will incorporate sports events.  12 badminton courts for example.

Occasionally used for weddings in 5 hour slots.  They have 1 big event a year, the Mela.  Attract 7-8000 people per year.  Then dancing 10 days.

Most of the time the venue is a sports facility.  The aim is to add a second cricket field, football, badminton, make the Gym more commercial. They intend on spending eight to ten months looking at demand.  Carrying out work and assessments on Highways, parking, trees and landscaping. Mostly with Ealing council.

Acoustics? Site is green belt so limited in action to be taken but the development will help.  Will help contain noise.

Extend awning out for an event.

Will submit to planning and will go to committee stages.

Sid said that we will oppose the expansion of the site.  The facilities will attract more people.  Road around suffers very badly at times of peak use and the residents locally especially in Harvey Road have suffered a blight of anti-social and nuisance behaviour from the site.  Many of the complaints include parking in Harvey Road, blocking vehicle access and potentially impeding emergency vehicles.  There has been parking on A40 slip road which is dangerous.

Sid continued, the noise has been terrible disturbing residents for twenty years with a fundamental lack of engagement from SKLP and willingness to address residents of Harvey Road’s concerns.  Although matters were much better in the last season the distrust is such that Sid said there was concern that this was just to help with the planning application this year.  Although events cease at 11pm noise carries on far longer for residents when people leave.

SKLP representative said that they are working to improve traffic management and they use parking at a local farm to mitigate the impact.  The new building would dampen sound and has been designed to do this.  Sid was concerned that this would have little impact when the doors are opened in the heat and the event is opened out to marques etc outside.

New flood lights planned

One day Mela event.  Once a year 6000-7000 a year attending.  A couple of marquees go up now. 10am to 6pm.   On a Sunday.  The ten to twelve day event takes 1500 to 2000 people. Has to stop at 11pm.

The building will accommodate the dance festival.   Has a full surround of hay bales at the moment and these changes will have a positive impact.  The dances take place. 8pm to 11am.  Will take place inside the building.

The marquees will cease to exist.

People will be 500 to 1500 during the dance events.

Need a traffic management plan.  More discussion on the noise levels.

  1. Meeting close 9:58

Next SRRA Meeting Wednesday 8pm 24th April 2018 at St Mary’s Church Hall, The Fairway,  On Wednesday

Minutes from July Quarterly Meeting

We have just posted the minutes from the last quarterly in July.  Plenty happening in the area with HS2 and news on the field opposite Field End School on Field End Road.  No more Thunderpark!

The minutes can be found over here.

Sorry for the delay in getting them out this time!

Whats Happening in South Ruislip?: Latest Updates! January 2017

Calling them meeting minutes gets a little dull.  But if you want to know whats happening with Lidl Planning or a devious thief in B&M/ALDI or whether HS2 building has started, it is all below!

In this age of the demise of newsletters it’s probably one of the best sources of local South Ruislip information…

Minutes of the South Ruislip Residents Association

Quarterly Meeting Held at St Mary’s Church On Wednesday 25th January 2017

In attendance were 52 and 14 committee members.  Councillors present Eddie Lavery, Judy Kelly, Michael White, Allan Kauffman and Teji Barnes.  Henry Neel of Lidl and South Ruislip SNT Sgt James Wright.

Apologies were received for Mrs Val Blacker and SRRA committee member Geoff Taylor.

1.0        Opening Remarks & Welcome & Matters Arising from the Minutes & Signed Minutes. 

2.0          Police  by South Ruislip SNT Sgt James Wright

The meeting was joined by South Ruislip SNT Sgt James Wright.  Discussed recent crime figures with concern over burglary and car crime.  Assaults put down to police recording of even playground scraps where informed.

Burglary the police feel there are two teams operating on the area, one has been disbanded with arrests made and they are working on the second.  They are working in Thames Valley and the Met mixing this up with vehicle crime.

Theft of personal property also high due to retail parks.  Police disappointed B&M and ALDI are not paying for security.  Local police targeting a prolific female thief in B&M/ALDA, with thefts “almost daily”.  Sgt Wright suggested not taking whole bag there only credit cards which can be replaced with little loss.

They are working on the robbery in Victoria Road.  The perpetrators left behind vehicle forensics and items dropped which have created a number of leads for the police but they are waiting on those forensics results.

3.0          LIDL Henry Neel

Have planning consent at committee on the 11th January.  They are discharging planning conditions, agreeing S106 and 278 highway works. The next stage for confirmation of the build is from the Mayors office/ GLA an then Hillingdon will give Lidl formal confirmation.   Approval is expected and they look to start on site April and open by Christmas.

Question regarding S106 spend.  Henry Neel suggested looking online for full report on planning website.  But the exact details of the planned costs are still being agreed with London Borough of Hillingdon officers.

Source Minutes and agenda report pack

Plans for the site can be found here.

4.0          Treasurers Report

As at 30th December 2016 current account  £247.24 Reserve account  £13,365.46.  Full accounts at the AGM but we made a small surplus.

5.0          Chief Road Steward Report

Thank you to Lynne Kauffman for organising with distribution of this month’s newsletter with various members of the committee and to the Road Stewards for their delivery.

We are seeking Road Stewards for Station Approach, Bourne Court, Melthorne Drive, Queens Walk, Queens Walk Terrace, West End Road and Wingfield Way

6.0          ARLA Site

Handed over with fit out expected by May.  Small delay caused by a power cut.

Developers hope to host an open evening event, which we will make open to SRRA meeting attendees, if we can.

Sid keen to look at the cinema as it built so following that closely.

Citygrove has purchased a sculpture which they will unveil.

Bellway housing opening on a different timescale.   The walkway to open linking to Station Approach as the commercial site opens.
7.0          HS2

Looks like it will go ahead.  Work to start at the end of the year.  HS2 forced to reveal data on housing purchase and compensation deals to make a more level playing field for people.

Tunnel from old oak common.

Need to dig up for sewers on Long Drive/Station Approach/Bridgewater Road/West End Road.  Concern the work will take a couple of years rather than just months.  The impact will be massive as Allan pointed out to parliament at HS2 hearing.

8.0          London Green Belt Council

No Issues

9.0          RAF

22nd July is the date for the family day only a little flying.  Circa 8000 tickets, meant to be a local event. £5 adults £3 children.

10.0        Community Voice

Linda typed up the minutes from the last meeting of Community Voice and we will circulate.  [Secretary – see the post here]

11.0        Youth Centre

Update from Allan and Lynne Kauffman.

Now organised by Dettie Quirke (who is running youth centres across the borough) who is actively seeking to regenerate activity for local children and aim to get the children back in with a series of targeted activities.  Open evening there tonight.  Youth workers will be full time over summer holiday.

“The centre is gradually starting to come back to life.”

On a day to day basis four youth workers at the moment.  Lynne Kaufman confident in roving care taker, Bill who looks to take pride in the centre.

Seeking Youth volunteers.  Dettie Quirke will come and talk to us at a future date.

12.0        Improving South Ruislip

After hearing a rumour from Sainsburys staff at SR that the store might close, Sid rang the David Mills Property Manager who said that it was a good store, trading well and not closing. Sid asked him about improving the store, and offered some suggestions and he will hopefully come back to us.

From Cllr Allan Kauffman.  Looked with officers at the parade as the area looks poor compared to the modern Dairy Development.  The trees to be pollarded or replaced and new pavements with more trees and seating.  Lots of planters by the railings and modular flower display – possibly paid for my SRRA.  Price set to be around £200,000.  Paid on S106 and TFL funds. Should happen in this year.

Concern expressed that once work done it will be dug up again and ruined by work such as HS2 and ARLA in the area.  Sid said that contractors would be obliged to return the site to the same condition.

Good Christmas lights next year.  Asked for green, white and red rather than colder blue and white ones.

Bridge works. Plans drawn up to clad the brickwork, with a higher walkway and better lighting.  Taken up with TFL.  Cost is circa £350,000.  Allan to continue to work on this.

Positive response to road changes at the junction of Long Drive and Victoria Road but request for better signage and consideration for speeding the southerly route onto West End Road from Station Approach.   Discussed difficulty in doing that and the knock on effect of heavy traffic and poor road layout at the Target roundabout.

Cars on Victoria Road, concern with parking both sides of the road.  Looking at changes to either one side of the road or both.  Likely to lose trees but will replant.

13.0        Great Central House, Great Central Avenue Opposite Station.

Aware of planning and councillors aware but it is not on planning schedule as yet.  Concern re overcrowding in the area.  Ex-Fireman expressed concern about buggies etc left in the stairway as it is a means of escape route and should be clear at all times.  Councils responsibility under the regulatory reform order.  It’s a protected route.  Allan said he would follow this up with enforcement officers.

14.0        SR Chamber of Commerce Update

Buying flowers in the parade on Long Drive, Sid asked in the Florist about the chamber of commerce and said that the response was so enthusiastic he was greatly encouraged.

Next meeting of the Chamber in Feb. Plenty of space for meetings without over reliance on the Ramada.  We support and Sid will attend a future meeting. Sanjay chair been trading for 30 years in car repair and we know he is very keen on the area.

Nursery expanding into adjacent buildings with positive trading.

15.0        SKLP

Historically disruptive to neighbours.  Not so bad last year.  Revitalise efforts and awareness amongst police and Hillingdon council officers when close to festival season.

16.0        Brackenbridge House – Slip Road

Corsa being sold from the area.  Illegally running a business.  Plan to block the area with no parking between 10am and 12am to stop vehicles being left there, such as the van advertising the hand car wash which does not seem to have moved in 5 years.  It is also bad for the nursing home at Brackenbridge House.  Parking changes have gone to consultation.

17.0        Alleyway Royal Crescent and Field End Road

Road resurfaced, part of this is due to work by David Seaman campaigning.  Needs bollard placing to stop cars cutting through in a somewhat dangerous fashion.  This element to be done at residents cost by a resident builder.  Resurface work paid for by the Chrysalis fund.

18.0        Boundary Changes

Keen to stay with rest of Ruislip rather than split off with Ealing wards and Hillingdon area.  Lady wrote asking what is happening.  We await the Boundary Commission’s recommendations in due course but it will take a while as due to affect 2020 elections.

19.0        AOB

19.1        Scam Email HMRC 

From Cllr Teji Barnes – Watch out for scam emails which contain promises of tax refunds.  Such as this one.

hmrc-email

19.2 Building to rear of Lidl Columbus House

Allan Kauffman – Bought by a worship group in 2013.  They put in a change of use to change to worship use and a retail use below.  A tiler currently works below.  This was refused for numerous reasons, mainly as an industrial area not for worship.

If they got planning permission it would add traffic and block the road.

[Secretary : It sounded like the application was not formally refused for change of use.]  They’ve also set up marques and events (non-permanent) which we would expect them to hold license for to operate.

Sid wanted to know what they could put in a petition against Lidl who is trying to act correctly legally and they stopped planning (albeit temporarily).  Can’t the council refuse the petition because it comes from a body operating illegally? Why are planning enforcement officers not following this up on it?

Cllr Lavery spoke (as a councillor who chaired the planing committee meetings).  They were presented with a  valid petition (which just needs 20 Hillingdon residents signatures to be valid regardless of anything else) at the meeting but it was never considered or explored as Lidl agreed to make changes to the plan to move things around.  However the committee can only rule on the proposition that is presented not one changed.  Thus the planning decision was deferred.   The meeting did not get further to consider the decision.

Lidl  came back with a revised scheme.

The councillors will follow up on the Columbus House site.  “It is being actively followed up on.”

19.3        Thank you

Thank you for the tea and coffee and the all the help getting the newsletters out.

19.4        Meeting Closed

Next SRRA Quarterly meeting is the AGM Wednesday 26th April 2017

 

 

Minutes of the South Ruislip Residents Association Quarterly Meeting Held at St Mary’s Church On Wednesday July 27th 2016

In attendance were 45 residents and 9 committee members.  Councillors present Cllr Alan Kaufmann. Apologies were received from: Frances Jones, Margaret Wallis, Cllr Kelly and Cllr Duducu

1 .0   Meeting Opened 20:02

Minutes signed off.  Item 3. Pedestrian access.  Walkway to be open when the commercial site is opened for access from Long Drive.

2.0   Police

Update from Ward Sgt James Burgess. Many moves in the Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) for South Ruislip.  Insp Rob Bryan has been promoted to Chief Inspector in charge of SNT’s.  Sgt Burgess has three constables, new and all keen and adept.  Sgt Burgess has been in the police for thirteen years. Mostly in neighbourhoods.  Ward Sgt for 8 weeks.

Complaints about Field End Rd, Paddock Road, drug use.  3 drugs arrests including 70 wraps of heroin.  Also cannabis.  Also complaints in The Fairway.  Vehicle and knife seized.  Sgt Burgess said that they were successes as a result of information from residents, so please inform the police.  They want more information.  Personally to the SNT, by dialling 101, twitter and email. Don’t mind the route, just get them the information about local criminal activity.

Burglary figures.  In May, 11 down to 2 in June.  In a recent case a burglary was started, the alarm went off and the burglar was scared away by alarm.  First break in for a while.  The message from the police is take sensible precautions and reduce your risk.

One gentleman asked about cycling on pavements which Sgt Burgess explained was an issue he was hot on.

Discussed children riding on bikes recklessly in Queens Walk and Mount Pleasant.  Cllr Kauffman mentioned Kings College as a good diversion for attention and hinted at plans for South Ruislip for BMX course/skateboarding and things of that ilk. “Watch this space”.

No plans to reopen the satellite police station on The Runway in South Ruislip.  But plans locally to improve visibility of police by walking in the ward. Aim to be on the ward for shifts including on late shifts up to midnight.

Brackenbridge.  Issues with kids on motorbikes.  The police have seen this as well whilst walking in parks near West End Road and Bridgewater Road in the field.  Comments that they were gathering in White Butts.

Complaint about a noisy motorbike in the area.  Details taken by the police.

3.0   RAF Northolt

Hannah OC Operations and Squadron Leader James Tenniswood, Media and communications officer.

Round up of recent occurrences.  There are two thousand people on the unit.  The looked after the spare for Marine One which was brought in by C17.  They have been involved with Exercise Griffon Strike in Cornwall, taking senior MOD and ministers there via helicopter to watch the drill.

Keeping them most busy – flights for Senior Ministers and Royal Family.  Parliament in recess so a little quieter.  But there have been a lot of short notice flights recently.

Also they site the two helicopters for London Air Ambulance.  Their flying times are limited by sunlight.

Flight safety.  Concern about local drones activity.  Need users to stick to the CAA regulations.

Lasers.  Being shone on planes are a risk to the sight of pilots.  There are hotspots for lasers use in Field End Road and Long Drive.

Wingfield Way.  Hedges cant be cut at the moment due to nesting season.  Not cut April to July.  Can do it in August and they will do.

The station was awarded Station of the Year by RAF Benevolent fund, for raising funds, £53,000 for this charity and raised £230,000 in a year for all the charities.

Questions about a quirky and noisy plane which was identified as a Piago airplane.  Belongs to Italian air staff.

Comments that there are a lot of helicopter movements at the moment.  The RAF representatives said they felt the number of movements for them was low, but there the base has a helicopter lane route over RAF Northolt.  Apart from exercises not many there really.  Just fly over head.

Maintenance on runway to take place in the next two years.  But waiting and don’t know when.  It will close for 6-9 months for fixed wing aircraft.

Comment from the floor about Project ARC meaning RAF Northolt could take up to 50,000 movements at year. 12,000 cap per year is the remit subject to ministerial approval.

Operational tempo meant that the RAF Northolt open day is a staff only event.  However in 2017 the idea is a community open day so there will be a focus on local people getting tickets rather than plane/RAF buffs.  They will advise more at the next RAF/community meeting.

4.0   Reports Treasurer

Current account £329.24 and deposit account £13,362.89 in reserve at 25th July 2016.  Outstanding £140 for a newsletter and ID tags £15.

5.0   Chief Road Steward

Thanked the Road Stewards.  Vacancies for Exmouth Road (40) Queens Walk (22) West End Road (12).  Discussed Lanyard’s.  The lanyard was the expensive part of the fit out.

Mahlon Avenue & Hardy Avenue did not receive a newsletter from Kate.  Discussed the routine of the newsletters going out.

Geoff reiterated the need for up to date list of houses and the roads.

6.0   Ward Councillor – Allan Kauffman

Rubbish Bins.  Spate of domestic waste in waste bins.

Roads to resurfaced Brackenbridge Road, Abbots close, Down Barnes, White Butts and Stafford Road.  Next challenge is the pavements.  First is Long Drive.

Green Flags – most awards in Hillingdon in the country.  Awarded to parks for amenity and trees. Very proud of Hillingdon’s Green spaces and this award.

Bridge at South Ruislip Station Approach: Looking for a proposal from officers to improve the immediate area of the bridge, passed to TFL for £350,000.  Ruislip Manor work cost £11 Million.

Complaints about weeds on Rydal Way. Sent photos to Cllr Judy Kelly.   Comment on weed sprayer on a quad bike, being done at speed so possibly ineffective.

Complaint about bridge and pigeons at Ruislip Gardens.

7.0   Lidl

Lidl will be on major planning on 24th August.  Recommended for approval. Watch for the details on the website.  One of the issues was with Benson’s for Beds delay as an island in the car park.  Plan to open by end of March next year

8.0 ARLA Site

Cited to open one week before Easter.

Shopkeepers in The Fairway complained about spaces being taken up being used for spoil. Parking spaces to be returned for customer use from Allan.

Have started the road widening.

9.0   HS2

Action Alliance against HS2.  Cost currently £55 Billion.  Spent £1 and a quarter billion with nothing to show for it.  We believe part of Europe wide high speed rail link, but this idea is broken in London anyway.  Expected downturn in the economy and so anti groups are hoping HS2 might be a casualty.

Meeting Closed.